The Sonoma Marin Fair is excited to announce an AHA/BJCP Sanctioned Homebrew Competition to this year’s event! This competition is presented with the support of the Sonoma Beerocrats Homebrew Club, local Third Street Aleworks, and The Beverage People – Fermenter’s Warehouse.
New this year! Our friends at Third Street Aleworks have partnered with us to offer an additional grand prize. The winner of the Homebrew competition will get to bring their beer to life by brewing their recipe with Third Street Aleworks team at their facility in Santa Rosa! Additionally they are sponsoring a new beer label art contest where the winner will get to design a label with the Third Street Aleworks team. See full details including eligible styles and guidelines below.
It’s time to go ale out in this lager than life Homebrew competition!
HOME BREW COMPETITION
Entry Limit & Fees:
8 Entries per person. $14.00 Per entry. Entires open online April 15th – June 1, 2022
Competition is limited to 150 entries.
Limit 1 entry per person. Free to enter! Must be themed to this year’s fair “Everybody’s Fair”. Entries are open from April 15th- June 1, 2022. Must be mailed or delivered to Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds by June 1st; postmarked by does not qualify.
Bottle Drop-off Location and Dates:
Bottles accepted only June 1st – June 8th
175 Fairgrounds Drive
Petaluma, CA 94952 USA
The Beverage People – Fermenter’s Warehouse
1800 Empire Industrial Court, Ste A,
Santa Rosa, CA 95403, USA
Tuesday – Saturday, 10:30 AM – 1:50 PM, CLOSED FOR LUNCH, 2:30 PM – 6:00 PM.
Saturday, June 18, 2022
2022 Official Rules and Regulations:
Eligibility: The competition is open to all home brewers, who are residents of the State of California.
- The Beer Judging Certification Program (BJCP) and American Home brewer’s Association (AHA) sanction this competition.
- 2021 BJCP style guidelines will be used for the judging and judges will be a combination of BJCP certified judges, professional brewers and “novice” judges who will be guided by BJCP protocol.
- Entries MUST NOT be made in a commercial brewing establishment.
- Entries are limited to 8 per person.
- Three 11oz bottles of beer are required for each entry with no identifiable markings other than Bottle ID label affixed with rubber band.
- No refunds of entry fees will be allowed.
- Prizes: Prize rosettes will be awarded to first, second and third place winners in each class.
Best of Show winner will also receive Grand Prize Collaboration Brew with Third Street Aleworks Brewing Company.
- Grand Prize styles are limited to:1C, 1D, 10A-C, 11A-C, 12A-C, 13A-C,14A-C, 15A-C, 16A-D, 18A, 18B, 19A-C, 20A-C, 21A-C, 22A, 22B, 24A-C, 25A-C, and 26A-D. If the winner entry is outside of this list the winner will still get the chance to collaborate brew with Third Street Aleworks.
- Results will be posted online and at the Fair. All Winners will be given 2 tickets to the fair.
Eligibility: The competition is open to all artist who are residents of California.
- Label should incorporate this year’s Sonoma-Marin Fair theme “Everybody’s Fair” celebrating the unique and diverse cultures, interest and heritage that make up the fabric of our community.
- Label must not contain disparaging statements or depictions
- No obscene or indecent depictions or statements
- Must not depict governmental connections and/or American insignias
- Results will be posted online and at the Fair. All Winners will be given 2 tickets to the fair
How do I enter?
- Print out and mail in or drop off completed entry form with payment to Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds OR enter online
- To enter online, register at: https://www.sonoma-marinfair.org/portfolio-item/home_brew_competition/
a. You need to register as a new exhibitor using our secure online entry system. Those that entered last year must also sign in as a new exhibitor.)
- Select the department: Homebrew
- Create/add your home brew entries to your shopping cart.
- During check out you will pay for entries in your shopping cart with a credit card and print out your receipt.
- Print & fill out bottle identification label template. Use a rubber band to affix one label to each of your 3 beer bottles per entry.
- Drop-off your home brew entries to Sonoma-Marin Fair or The Beverage People.qualify.
1. Limit 1 entry per person.
2. Free to enter!
3. Must be themed to this year’s fair “Everybody’s Fair”.
4. Entries are open from April 15th- June 1, 2022.
5. Please include artist(s) name, address and brief description of your work.
Must be mailed or delivered to Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds by June 1st; “postmarked by” does not qualify.
[pdf-embedder url=”https://www.sonoma-marinfair.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Bottle-ID-Form.pdf” title=”Bottle ID Form”]
[pdf-embedder url=”https://www.sonoma-marinfair.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Beer-Style-Guidelines.pdf” title=”Beer Style Guidelines”]